Frequently asked questions
Q. How is Burra keeping their employees and community safe?
Burra Foods’ priority during the pandemic is to provide maximum possible care and protection for the health and wellbeing of our staff and business partners. Measures in place include:
- – Restrictions on business related travel for all staff.
- – Restrictions on visitors to our offices and production facility.
- – Implementation of elevated hygiene and sanitizing procedures for anyone entering our sites, including mandatory use of face masks whenever anyone is on the premises
- – Increased cleaning and sanitizing of work areas, rest areas, offices, and contact surfaces.
- – Education of employees and contractors on how to minimise potential risks of transmission, including:
- * Procedures for immediate reporting illness,
- * Isolation measures should any staff member have any health concerns.
- – Stand-down and internal contact tracing processes for people who are sick or in contact with a sick person.
- – Segregation of external contractors from staff and community.
- – Health checks for all staff on arrival to the plant.
- – A portion of our team continues to work at home.
- – Staff on-site are segregated within work areas and between shifts.
- * This provides back-up and continuity of processing capability in the event of any emergency isolation requirements.
Q. What do state government restrictions mean for Burra?
Metropolitan Melbourne is currently under Stage 4 restrictions, meaning that any essential worker that must attend a work site, must be issued a worker permit by their employer. Permits are issued to essential Burra Foods workers as necessary, including all essential production, maintenance and staff required to attend the Korumburra site.
- Q. Are Burra Foods’ factory and offices operating?
- Our main factory is located at Korumburra in regional Victoria and is operating at normal capacity within the restrictions defined by the state government and our COVID-19 Response Plan.
Q. Is Burra Foods accepting any visitors?
Burra Foods is not accepting any visitors. Any essential service providers or essential contract personnel invited to the factory to work on critical activities are required to undertake all of the same safety measures as staff.
Q. Who do I contact with specific COVID queries?
For specific COVID-relate enquiries, contact the following team members:
- For milk supply partners, contact Peter Fort at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For existing customers, contact your current Account Manager
- For new customers, contact the Burra sales team under Contact Us
- For other operational queries, contact the Burra operations team under Contact Us